Recipe from Pamela Greene
How do you cook Cassava Leaves Plasas? Method:- Simmering
1. Cut up meat and put in a saucepan with salt, ground pepper, onions and water. Cook slowly for about 15 minutes. If meat is not tender enough cook longer adding more water as required.
2. Wash leaves, beat in a mortar until finely ground.
3. Add the ground leaves to the ingredients in the saucepan and simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. Add palmoil and simmer again for another 10 minutes or until the meat is tender.
5. Mix groundnut paste with a little water and add to the sauce stirring frequently to prevent burning.
6. Flake fish and add together with the cooked beans to the sauce.
7. Season with salt, cover and simmer gently until most of the water has evaporated.
8. Serve with parboiled rice or boiled cassava.
<h2>Order Food Now</h2>
<h4><a href="amazon_store">Order African Food in North America USA</a></h4>
<h4><a href="/africa/top-west-africa-food">Order African Food in the United Kingdom</a></h4>
<h4><a href="cooking-books">Order African Cooking Books in the United Kingdom</a></h4>
Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene