|Source||What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
1 hour, 40 minutes
Fresh Fish stew One Pot for 4 persons
How to make Fresh Fish Stew One Pot?
1. Clean fish thoroughly and wash in salted lime water.
2. Cut fish into portions, season with salt, crushed garlic, white pepper and a dash of cayenne pepper.
3. Wash and grind 2 onions and slice 1 and cut up pepper, grind fresh tomatoes. Cut up thyme.
4. Wash rice and put on a sieve to drain.
5. Fry fish, and remove. Fry onions, pepper, add tomato puree, ground tomato and thyme.
6. Return fish to the pot and simmer in gravy for 10 minutes adding 3 tbs water.
7. Remove fish. Add some more water and allow to boil. Add rice and cook till grains are soft and water absorbed.
8. Serve with boiled pumpkin/carrot or green vegetables.