|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
1 hour, 10 minutes
Made from groundnut paste, onion, pepper and tomatoes. Tomato in this soup are rich in vitamins C and A.
How to make Groundnut Soup?
1. Cup up beef or chicken and pig's foot into individual sections and put in a saucepan or water. Simmer until meat is tender.
2. Chop onion, pepper and tomatoes and add to the meat stock with salt and thyme.
3. Mix groundnut paste with a little of the stock or form a smooth paste and pour into the saucepan.
4. Cook gently for about 10-20 minutes.
5. If fish is used add the sections of the raw cleaned fish at this stage or about 15 minutes before the soup is ready.
6. Add shrimps and cook slowly till the soup is of desired consistency.