This is a tea made from the flowers of the ‘Bissap’ flower (Hibiscus) which has been described as the national drink of Senegal.
Hesana Heavenly hibiscus" drink - a great summer drink
How to make Heavenly Hibiscus?
1. Rinse the flowers under cold water then set aside
2. Meanwhile add 2 litres of cold water to a saucepan and bring to the boil.
3. As soon as the water reaches boiling point add the flowers
4. Remove from the heat and allow to seep for ten to fifteen minutes
5. After this time pour the tea through a strainer into a pitcher
6. Stir in the sugar and lemon juice and add the sprig of mint to the juice
7. Transfer to the fridge to allow the drink to cool