Take to the skies with some of the largest animals to ever fly at Prehistoric NightLife! Head to the California Academy of Sciences to celebrate the exhibit opening of Pterosaurs: Flight in the Age of Dinosaurs.
- Get a first look at this new exhibit and explore rare fossils, huge life-sized models (the Quetzalcoatlus sported wingspans up to 33 feet!), interactive experiences, and see real skulls from these prehistoric reptiles.
- In African Hall, the University of California Museum of Paleontology—which has the largest paleontological collection of any university museum in the world—shows off some of their incredible museum specimens.
- Learn about ancient food production and social change with Dr. Maureece Levin, postdoctoral fellow at the Stanford Archaeology Center.
- Listen to a fascinating talk by brewers from Schubros Brewery as they discuss their Belgian-style beer brewed with 48 million-year-old yeast! Hear about this beer’s can-you-believe-it connection to Jurassic Park while enjoying a tasting (while it lasts).
- Enjoy seasonal craft cocktails at each bar area and after-hours access to all the Academy's exhibits!
- Music by DJ Jamie Jams
This event is for adults 21+ only.
A valid ID is required for entry, no exceptions.
The event is from 6-10pm. Last entry is at 9pm.
Eventbrite vouchers must be redeemed for NightLife tickets upon event entry at the Service Desk or Box Office, located at the front entrance of the museum.
- Last entry for our Rainforest exhibit dome is at 7:45 pm.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
Food & Drink
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar & Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- There are multiple bar areas located throughout the museum. Each bar features a unique seasonal cocktail!
- All bars accept cash and credit cards.
- No refunds or exchanges.
Your Venue Location on Google Map
Travel to Africa
Travel to the wonderful African Continent with West Africa Money Hotels for travel. Top destinations are Lagos Nigeria, Accra Ghana, Marrakech Morocco, Tunis Tunisia, Banjul Gambia The Gambia, Dakar Senegal, Abidjan Cote d'ivoire, Nairobi National Park Kenya, Lusaka Zambia, Cape Town South Africa and Giza Cairo Egypt.