Legacy in Black Food Festival
The San Diego African American Museum Fine Art (SDAAMFA) would like you to join us on Saturday April 7, 2018 12:00 Noon-3:00 PM at the George Stevens Senior Center for the Legacy in Black Food Festival, featuring southern cuisine and foods of the African Diaspora. Some of the Chef's you will experience include:
- Hunters Home Kitchen, Chef Spencer Hunter featuring Manila Style Filipino Food meets a touch of soul.
- Rafikiz Foodz, Chef Sylvester Owino featuring Delightful traditional Kenyan food
- Wyndham Bayside, Chef Brandon Jones special appetizers & small bites
- Rock Steady Jamaican Restaurant
- Cake Master, Gayle Reed featuring Caribbean Rum Cakes
The SDAAMFA in collaboration with the San Diego History Center are hosting this event as part of a larger art exhibit entitled Legacy in Black which opened on November 4 2017, and will be on exhibit until April 15, 2018 at the San Diego History Center in Balboa Park. The exhibit highlights eight artists who have made tremendous historical/cultural contributions to San Diego and beyond. The exhibit will open November 4 at the San Diego History Center in Balboa. Our featured artists include:Manulita Brown, Ernie barnes,Jean Cornwell Wheat, Albert Fennell, Kadir Nelson, Faith Ringgold,
Charles Rucker, Rossie S. Wade.
Your Venue Location on Google Map