|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
1 hour, 20 minutes
Sweat potato leaves, fish, groundnut and palm oil.
How to cook Potato Leaves Plasas?
1. Cut meat into cubes and put into a saucepan containing water, salt, onion and pepper.
2. Add palm oil and simmer slowly until meat is tender and part of the water has evaporated.
3. Wash and shred leaves finely. Add to the ingredients in the saucepan and allow to simmer until the leaves are soft.
4. Mix the groundnut paste with some warm water and add to the sauce. Cook over low heat and stir occasionally to prevent burning.
5. Add flaked fish and simmer until fish is tender.
6. Serve with rice or other starchy staple food.