|Source: Jeff Joseph Sale Moor Technology College|
|Prep time: 30 minutes||Cooking time: 1 hour||Total time: 1 1⁄2 hours|
A Taste of Africa at Pioneer. Action Africa
How to make Chicken Groundnut Stew?
1. Remove the skin and fat from the chicken then place the chicken, oil, onions, salt and bay leaves in a large pan.
2. Cover with a lid and cook gently for 5 minutes.
3. Pour 1pt/500ml water into the pan and bring to the boil.
4. Stir in the peanut butter and the chilli powder.
5. Cover and cook for a further 15 minutes then add the blended tomatoes and tomato puree.
6. Stir well, then cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
7. Stir the dish before serving hot with rice.