|Prep time: 30 minutes||Cooking time: 1 hour||Total time: 1 1⁄2 hours|
West African Plomeek Pepper Soup
How to make Plomeek Soup?
1. If using the vegan butter sub, saute the onion in a bit of the vegetable broth.
2. Do not add the butter until you reach the serving stage then taste and add to taste.
3. Melt 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan and saute the onions over low heat until transparent.
4. Add the remaining butter, melt, and add the carrots--cooking over low heat until browned, about 30 minutes.
5. Add the celery and cook 10 more minutes on low heat. Pour in the stock, salt, and pepper, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let soup simmer for about an hour.