|Source: What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
|Prep time: 20 minutes||Cooking time: 45 minutes||Total time: 1 1⁄12 hours|
Part II - Recipes for plasas, stews and vegetable dishes.
This is a traditional dish served for 40 days ceremony, pull na doe, birthdays and wedding anniversaries.
How to make Awojoh Beans?
1. Wash and stone beans between two calabashes.
2. Put enough water in a pot to boil, add beans and let water just cover the beans.
3. Boil beans for one hour till soft and water is almost absorbed; add salt to taste.
4. Grind onions and pepper.
5. Heat palmoil till smoking hot and fry onions, pepper and some fresh tomatoes and tomato puree. Cook till done. Sprinkle two TBS water and add the boiled beans.
6. Simmer for 15 minutes. Stir till well blended.
7. Serve with fried plantains, fried potatoes, beans akara and oleleh (optional).