|Source: Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
|Prep time: 20 minutes||Cooking time: 1 1⁄4 hours||Total time: 1 7⁄12 hours|
Rice flour, sugar, bananas (over-ripe) and groundnut oil. Rice Bread is traditionally served at parties, celebrations and gatherings all over Sierra Leone or Salone the west African country. Rice bread is cooked by the Krios of the capital Freetown, Sierra Leone which boarders Guinea and Liberia. Here is how to make and cook rice bread which is also cooked where ever you find African descendants around the world.
Don't forget we have lots more recipes on this website check them out.
How to make Rice Bread?
1. Mash bananas in a mixture bowl into a smooth pulp.
2. Stir in sugar and flour alternately beating well after each addition.
3. Add small amounts of water until a dropping consistency is reached.
4. Add salt, nutmeg and oil. Stir well and allow the mixture to stand for about 1/2 hour to soften the starch granules.
5. Pour mixture into greased loaf tins and bake in a moderate oven for about 1 hour.
6. Test for doneness by using a skewer which should come out clean.
7. Cool and serve in slices as a snack.