|Source: M. Campbell|
|Prep time: 35 minutes||Cooking time: 1 hour||Total time: 1 7⁄12 hours|
Pepperpot N.B. This dish develops more flavour when left over a period of days. It must be reheated to boiling point each day. This is a typical Amerindian dish.
How to make Pepperpot?
1. Wipe and clean meat thoroughly.
2. Put heel and trotters in pan.
3. Cover with water and bring to boil. Skim.
4. When half tender, add other meats, and hot water to cover.
5. Cook for about one hour.
6. Add other ingredients and simmer until meat is tender.
7. Adjust flavour for salt and sugar.
8. Serve hot.