|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
1 hour, 15 minutes
1 hour, 35 minutes
Rice flour, sugar, bananas (over-ripe) and groundnut oil.
How to make Rice Bread?
1. Mash bananas in a mixture bowl into a smooth pulp.
2. Stir in sugar and flour alternately beating well after each addition.
3. Add small amounts of water until a dropping consistency is reached.
4. Add salt, nutmeg and oil. Stir well and allow the mixture to stand for about 1/2 hour to soften the starch granules.
5. Pour mixture into greased loaf tins and bake in a moderate oven for about 1 hour.
6. Test for doneness by using a skewer which should come out clean.
7. Cool and serve in slices as a snack.