|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
Rice flour, sugar, lime and water. Rice Pap is a traditional West African recipe, a classic which is served as a starter at social gatherings. Rice Pap made from rice flour and served hot or cold. This recipe is from the book Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene.
How to make Rice Pap?
1. Mix rice flour and some water to form a smooth pouring paste.
2. Dissolve the sugar in the remaining water in a saucepan and bring to simmering temperature.
3. Gradually pour in the rice flour paste stirring all the time so as to avoid lumping. If lumping is desired the rice flour should be especially treated by sprinkling water on the flour and rolling the droplets into tiny balls which are added at this stage.
4. Cook gently at boiling point until the raw flavour disappears and the consistency is thick.
5. Stir in lime juice.
6. Serve hot or cold in cups, drink glasses or as porridge in a bowl.