|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
Flour (plain) sugar and nutmeg.
How to make Roman Cakes?
1. Sieve flour into a bowl and add baking powder, sugar and nutmeg.
2. Add water gradually and mix lightly with a fork until the dough leaves the sides of the bowl clean.
3. Put the dough on a floured board and knead lightly until soft and smooth.
4. Cut into 16 portions and knead each portion into a ball.
5. Leave to rise for about 20 minutes.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan.
7. Open out each ball gently with the fingers and stretch out for frying.
8. Fry one at a time if frying pan is small, drain and serve hot.
Important Nutrition Information:- This snack is high in calories because of the flour and the fat and sugar