|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
Potatoes, yams or cocoyam may be added at stage 7.
How to make Boil Stew?
1. Soak pig's foot at least three hours to remove excess salt.
2. Cut up meat and bone and put in a saucepan with water to boil. Cook gently until meat almost tender. Remove and set aside. Do not discard liquid.
3. Chop pig's foot into small mouthful sizes and boil in a saucepan of water until tender, remove from salty liquid and add to meat.
4. Heat oil and brown meat and bone and pig's foot.
5. Add onions and pepper, thyme, stir whilst browning.
6. Add tomato paste and stir briskly for even distribution.
7. Add the liquid from the beef (stock) and simmer slowly. Add more water as it evaporates.
8. Add salt to taste or use some of the salty liquid from the pig's foot as desired.
9. Cook until all meat is tender and serve hot. Its consistency should be between a soup and a stew - balance of oil and water.