|Source||What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
Minnah Balls. Minnah is a Krio word for small or tiny and is derived from the English word minnow. To clean and prepare “Minnah” fish is very simple – run your finger down the stomach of the fish and open up, rinse in cold water.
Minnah fish balls can be served as a snack or appetizer with hot pepper sauce.
How to make Minnah Balls?
1. Scale and wash minnah well.
2. Remove the bones.
3. Pound roughly and add sliced onions and pepper, and continue pounding.
4. Season well, adding salt and white/black pepper.
5. Add juice of 2 limes.
6. Wet palm of hands and form mixture into medium sized balls.
7. Deep fry, drain and serve.