|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
1 hour, 20 minutes
Serve hot at parties all across west Africa and called other names in Ghana and Nigeria such as moi moi. How do you prepare oleleh? This is made from black-eye beans removing the skin as a mixture with onions and pepper. The flavour comes from this mix and the delicate way it is steamed. This oleleh recipe comes from the cook book Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene.
How to make Oleleh?
1. Soak beans, remove the skins and grind into a smooth paste.
2. Grind onions and pepper and add to the bean mixture.
3. Add water and mix thoroughly.
4. Remove all bones from the fish and add to the mixture with salt and palm oil. Blend together.
5. Wrap spoonfuls of the mixture in banana leaves or aluminum foil squares. Or pour into cigarette tins, pudding bowl or custard cups all covered tightly with cellophane paper.
6. Cook in a steamer until pudding is firm.
7. Remove from wrapper or container and serve hot.