|Source: Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
|Prep time: 20 minutes||Cooking time: 40 minutes||Total time: 1 hour|
Green Stew made from spinach and palm oil.
How to make Green Stew?
1. Fry chopped onion and pepper in heated oil until tender.
2. Wash and shred leaves and add to the fried ingredients
3. Add salt, cover and simmer until the volume of water given off by the leaves is reduced. Do not boil leaves and throw away the liquid as this causes loss of valuable nutrients and flavour.
4. Add fried fish or flaked fish with a little water.
5. Cover saucepan and allow the stew to cook gently for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
6. Serve with rice or yam or any carbohydrate food.