|Source: Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
|Prep time: 30 minutes||Cooking time: 40 minutes||Total time: 1 1⁄6 hours|
Meat, pumpkin, bonga (fresh), groundnut and tomatoes.
How to cook Pumpkin Sauce?
1. Wash meat, cut into small pieces, sprinkle little salt and simmer tender.
2. Wash fish, remove bone, add to the meat.
3. Peel pumpkin, wash, slice, remove seeds and cut into small pieces.
4. Add palm oil and pumpkin and allow to cook until tender.
5. Wash, peel, mash fresh tomatoes and add to sauce.
6. Roast, peel and grind nuts, mix paste with a little water and add to sauce.
7. Add condiments and salt to taste.
8. Simmer over slow fire and serve with rice and thyme.