|Source: What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
|Prep time: 3 hours||Cooking time: 45 minutes||Total time: 3 3⁄4 hours|
Serve with boiled cabbage pumpkin, garden eggs or any other local vegetable.
How to make Coconut Rice?
1. Soak pork for 1-2 hours to remove surplus salt.
2. Remove the shell from coconuts and grate them finely.
3. Heat some water and pour over grated coconut, allow it infuse for a few minutes. Squeeze out coconut milk throw chaff away.
4. Put coconut water into a saucepan, wash and cut up meat and pork and add. Prepare vegetables by grinding and add. Boil, reduce heat and allow meat and port to cook till partly tender.
5. Add tomato puree, wash and gravel rice then add to other ingredients in the saucepan. Next make sure that the liquid just cover the rice.
6. Boil, check the seasonings and add more salt, if necessary, then stir in the margarine, put the lid on closely reduce the heat and allow to cook.
7. Check frequently, and stir if necessary. Continue as for boiled rice, till ready.
8. Serve with boiled cabbage, boiled pumpkin, garden eggs or any other local vegetable.