|Source: Florence Aleeno Sai|
DARK HUED PEPPER SAUCE (SHITO) by A taste of Ghana by Florence Aleeno Sai
How to make Dark Hued Pepper Sauce (Shito)?
1. Heat oil and fry onion till lightly brown, peel and bruise ginger.
2. Add pepper, bruised ginger and tomato puree to onions and cook for five minutes.
3. Add fishmeal and chopped tomatoes and cook for a little longer (about seven minutes).
4. Add water and salt and simmer slowly over low heat till all the water is cooked off and mixture is dark brown.
5. Remove ginger, cool pepper sauce and pour into a warm jar to store.
6. Serve a teaspoon or two with meat, fish or bean dishes.