|Source: Ebere Akadiri|
|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cooking time: 30 minutes||Total time: 40 minutes|
COOK’S TIPS: This recipe is also great with beef or salmon. To give the dish a little extra bite, serve it with chilli sauce. In the absence of Ataro Suya spice, you can use garlic, ginger, peanut paste and your favourite seasoning.
1. Rinse the chicken breasts under cold water, pat them dry, and place them in a bowl.
2. Apply the Ataro Spice Mix Chicken Rub to the chicken breasts and rub it into the meat. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Sprinkle the Ataro Suya Barbeque Rub on both sides of the chicken breasts and drizzle the oil over them.
4. Preheat a grill or barbecue to about 392°F (200°C).
5. Grill the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes on each side. While the chicken is cooking, the Suya Barbeque Rub will deeply penetrate into the meat and impart its unique West African flavor. (It is important to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through; check by slicing into the middle of one piece. If the meat is still pink, cook for a few more minutes.)
6. When the boneless chicken thighs are thoroughly cooked, transfer them from the grill to a large serving dish. Serve hot , garnished with the onions and tomatoes or peppers; for extra flavor, sprinkle on additional Suya Barbeque Rub.