|Source: Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
|Prep time: 2 hours||Cooking time: 1 1⁄2 hours||Total time: 3 1⁄2 hours|
Dry Okra (okro) Sauce recipe has been brought to you by Pamela Greene. Pamela Greene's book is called Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes. The dry okra sauce is served hot with rice or foofoo.
How to cook Dry Okra Sauce?
1. Cut and soak pig's foot overnight. Boil until tender.
2. Cut meat into small pieces and put in saucepan with water. Bring to boil and simmer gently until meat is almost tender.
3. Add the pig's foot, onion and pepper. Simmer gently, stirring occasionally.
4. Add okra and flaked fish. Add some water according to desired consistency. Fish should be added last if it is tender and not too dry. If dry add during stage three.
5. Add the lubi and cook for a few minutes until okra is tender and sliminess achieved.
6. Add groundnut oil and cook until it no longer has a raw flavour.
7. Add salt to taste. Simmer slowly to required consistency.
8. Serve hot with rice or foofoo.
For Dried Okra Sauce:- Use dried okra powdered (i.e pounded and sieved into a flour) instead of fresh okra.