|Cooking time: 40 minutes|
Chicken Mushroom Pie, Meat and Poultry
How to make Chicken Mushroom Pie?
(This amount will cover two regular-sized ovenproof or aluminium foil pie dishes, or one dish and 4 small aluminium dishes.)
1. Boil chicken and giblets until tender. Cool, then cut into bite-size pieces.
2. Use a little of the stock to dilute soup, after onion and sweet pepper have been partly cooked in it.
3. Stir in sherry, garlic powder, pepper and salt to taste and parsley.
4. Pour over chicken pieces and mix thoroughly. Pour into pie dishes and cover with pastry which has been rolled out.
5. Put a few small cuts in top of pastry to provide vents for the steam, and crimp round edges of pie dish.
6. Bake at Mark 6 or 400°F until lightly golden brown.
For Filling 1 large chicken, boiled
1 onion, chopped
1/2 green sweet pepper, chopped
1 can mushroom soup, diluted
1 small can chopped mushroom pieces
2 tbsp. Sherry
1 tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. garlic powder salt and pepper to taste
4 ozs. margarine
2 ozs. chicken dripping which has been skimmed off chicken stock and frozen
11/2 cups flour1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt iced water to mix