|Source: J. Harris|
|Prep time: 35 minutes||Cooking time: 50 minutes||Total time: 1 5⁄12 hours|
Veal Cordon Bleu, Serves 4
How to cook Veal Cordon Bleu?
1. If using veal round steak, cut into four serving pieces.
2. Pound veal to 1/4-inch thickness.
3. Place one slice each of ham and cheese on each piece of veal.
4. Roll up carefully, beginning at narrow end; secure with wooden toothpicks.
5. Mix flour, salt, pepper and allspice; coat rolls with flour mixture. Dip rolls in egg, then roll in breadcrumbs.
6. Heat shortening in 10-inch skillet until melted.
7. Cook rolls in shortening until brown, about 5 minutes.
8. Add water. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
9. Cover and simmer until veal is tender, about 45 minutes.
10. Remove cover during last two to three minutes to crisp veal slightly.