|Source||What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
Rice, sugar, nutmeg milk and butter. This is a simple recipe from west Africa which can be served hot or cold after lunch for dinner. Some variants are thickened only with the rice starch. Enjoy.
How to cook Rice Pudding?
1. Pick and wash rice.
2. Cook the rice in the milk over a low heat till almost all the milk is absorbed, and grains are soft.
3. If mixture is dry, add about 2 tablespoonful of milk. Add the sugar, butter and egg if used.
4. Grease a pie-dish, pour mixture in a grate 1/2 nutmeg on the top.
5. Stand pie-dish in a tin containing cold water.
6. Bake in a quick oven for 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot or cold after lunch for dinner.