|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
Made from roasted groundnuts and sugar.
How to make Groundnut Cake?
1. Add sugar to water in a saucepan and bring to boil.
2. Boil gently until most of the water evaporates and the sugar solution becomes concentrated. It thickens and turns brown.
3. At the browning point when the mixture becomes sticky and just golden brown pour in the groundnuts.
4. Stir quickly and turn immediately on to baking sheet or grinding board.
5. Roll out mixture while hot and cut immediately into shapes and sizes desired. Do not remove from the board until cold.
6. When cold lift off 'cakes' and serve.
So this is how to prepare groundnut cake.