Fried Pepper Sauce eaten by Nigerians in west Africa and served with fried yam. Here is a recipe by Tokunbo’s Kitchen chief Tokunbo.
How to make Ata Din Din (Fried Pepper Sauce)?
1. Blend half onion, pepper and tomatoes together. Process into a coarse texture and set aside in a strainer to drain excess water
2. Bleach the palm oil. Put a pot with a cover on the stove, add the chopped onions and palm oil. Cover and fry for about 5 minutes until the onions are translucent and the oil is lighter in colour
3. Add the pepper, onion and tomato blend. Cover the pot and fry until the oil starts to rise about the sauce
4. Once the oil is afloat the sauce, add salt, maggi and seasoning. Adjust according to personal taste
5. Turn the heat down to low-medium and fry for another 40 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure your sauce does not burn
6. Your sauce is ready once the oil floats at the top and the sauce itself is a dark red shade. Slim off excess oil and serve with fried yam