What do West Africans Eat For Lunch Or Dinner?
What do west Africans like to eat during the day? From the book Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene the following list has been compiled which includes stews, leaves and soups.
- Rice and Cassava or Sweet Potato Leaves Plasas
- Boiled Yam Palm Soup served with steamed Greens
- Boiled Cassava and Groundnut Stew with fried garden eggs
- Foofoo and Okro or Kren-Ken Sauce
- Cassava or Yam Croquettes (Balls), Fried Liver with Tomato and cucumber
- Jollof Rice with Meat or Chicken stew served with mixed vegetable salad
- Rice or Boiled Cassava with Palm Oil and Fish Stew
- Agidi or Boiled Yam and Groundnut Soup
- Boiled Sweet Potato with Meat Ball Stew and vegetables
- Boiled Plantain with Chicken or Beef Stew and green beans
- Rice and 'Boil Stew'
- Boiled Sweet Potato and Liver Stew, Salad
- Coconut Rice and Liver Stew
- Ebeh, One Pot
- Foofoo and Obiatta
- Foofoo and Okra Sauce
- Foofoo or Yam with Dry Okro Sauce
- Kuskus with Chicken Stew
- Boild Yam, Cocoyam with Pepper Soup
- Cassava Bread and Fried Fish
In-between Meal Snacks
Source: Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene