Obiatta is Krain-Krain, palm oil and fish.
How to make Obiatta?
1. Cut steak or beef and bone into small pieces and put with 2 cups water in a saucepan. Simmer gently until tender adding more water as it evaporates.
2. Add onion, ogiri, pepper and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally.
3. Add flaked fish, palm oil and salt to taste and cook until palm oil losses its raw flavour, adding water as it evaporates.
4. Cut the krainkrain finely put in another saucepan with 1 cup water and cook gently stirring it to a slimy consistency.
5. Add lubi as it cooks, this increases its sliminess, until desired consistency is achieved and leaves tender.
6. When ready to serve, dish out portions of the palm oil sauce and portions of the cooked leaves and combines on plate before eating.
7. Serve warm with foofoo.
This is a popular cermonial dish especially for 'Awujor'. Refer to section on <a href="ceremonial-dishes-events-part2">ceremonial dishes</a>.
Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene