Bananas have been a favourite fruit in Sierra Leone and several varieties can be found all through the year. They should be firm, bright in colour and free from bruises, and retain their quality better when stored in a cool room than in the refrigerator. Temperatures below 57°F cause a dark brown colour to develop on the skin of the banana.
How to make Banana Chips?
1. Peel bananas and cut across into very thin slices.
2. Sprinkle some salt to taste.
3. Heat oil to deep fat frying temperature (test with a bread cube-turns brown in 20 seconds).
4. Lower sliced banana into hot oil gently with a slotted spoon or frying basket.
5. Fry until golden brown.
6. Lift from oil and drain on absorbent paper.
7. Serve cold as a snack or with cocktails.
<h2>Order Food Now</h2>
<h4><a href="amazon_store">Order African Food in North America USA</a></h4>
<h4><a href="/africa/top-west-africa-food">Order African Food in the United Kingdom</a></h4>
<h4><a href="cooking-books">Order African Cooking Books in the United Kingdom</a></h4>
Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene