|Source||Favourite Sierra Leone Recipes by Pamela Greene|
Potatoes (mashed) or yam, flaked fish cooked and browned breadcrumb
Method:- Deep fat frying
1. Blend the flour with the fish stock.
2. Stir in the milk and heat gently to boiling point.
3. Simmer gently 3-4 minutes, stirring throughout.
4. Season well with salt, pepper and beat in the butter.
5. Cool slightly.
6. Mix the mashed potatoes or yam with the flaked fish and chopped parsley.
7. Bind with the sauce, adding more seasoning if required.
8. Allow to cool.
9. With floured hands divide into 6-8 portions and shape into flat cakes.
10. Brush with beaten egg and coat in browned breadcrumbs.
11. Fry in hot fat until golden brown on both sides.
12. Drain well.