|Source||What's Cooking Today by Muriel Emekunle Davies|
1 hour, 40 minutes
Fry Okra Stew. The term "okra" most commonly refers to the edible seedpods. The pods usually gathered while they are green, tender, and at the immature stage. Many people fail to appreciate okra because of its slimy texture. In the United States of America Okra is a signature Southern ingredient whether fried, pickled, or grilled. Here is a recipe involving frying.
How to make Fry Okra Stew?
1. Wash and cut up protein food; tenderise the meat/chicken/pork/pig's trotter after removing excess salt.
2. Wash and cut up okra thinly.
3. Fry the meat/chicken/pork/pig's trotter till brown.
4. Add the sliced onions and pepper, tomato paste and sliced okra.
5. Add 1/2 pint water. Simmer gently till well blended. Check seasonings. Serve with boiled rice, mashed sweet potatoes, or cassava.